NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME
Your access to healthcare....
Dr. Ametewee defrauds NHIA of GHC 415,000
Two persons, one of whom is the medical superintendent of the Essikado District Hospital in the Western Region, Dr. N.K Ametewee, have been arrested for allegedly defrauding the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) to the tune of GHC415, 439.15.
Another doctor in police grip for defrauding NHIA
The Proprietor of Health Frontiers Laboratory Limited at Amansie in the Ashanti region has been arrested for allegedly defrauding the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) of GHC 140,858.45.
NHIS Stakeholder Forum
Under the Auspices of the Ministry of Health,there will be a special Nhis Stakeholders' Forum to review the Benefit Package....
NHIA sensitizes staff on Ebola
The National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) last Friday concluded a staff sensitization program at its head office on the deadly Ebola Viral Disease (EVD).
- Antenatal Care
- Deliveries;namely,normal and assisted
- Caesarian Section
- Postnatal care
- Pain Relief which includes incision and drainage,tooth extraction and temporary relief
- Diagnostic tests
- Dental Restoration which includes, Simple Amalgam
- Fillings and Temporary Dressing
- General and Specialist in-Patient care
- Requested investigations including laboratory investigations,X-Rays and Ultrasound scanning for in-patient care
- Medicatiion; namely, prescription drugs on National Health Insurance Drugs List, traditional medicines approved by the Food and Drugs Board and prescribed by accredited medical and traditional medicine practitioners,blood and blood products
- Cervical and Breast Cancer Treatment
- Surgical Operations
- In patient physiotherapy
- Accommodation in the general ward
- Feeding (where available) in patient physiotherapy
- Consultation including reviews.These include both general and specialist consultations
- Requested investigations including laboratory investigation,x-rays and ultrasound scanning for general and specialist out-patient services
- Medication,namely,prescription drugs on National Health Insurance Medicines List, traditional medicines approved by the Food and Drugs Board and prescribed by accredited medical and traditional practitioners
- HIV/AIDS symptomatic treatment for opportunistic infection
- Out-patient/Day Surgery Operations including hernia repairs,incision and drainage,haemorrhoidectomy
- Out-patient Physiotherapy
- Visual Fields
- Cataract Removal
- In patient physiotherapy
- Eye lid Surgery
- All emergencies shall be covered.These refer to crisis health situation that demand urgent intervention and include.
- Medical emergencies
- Surgical emergencies including brain surgery due to accidents
- Paediatric emergencies
- Obstetric and Gynaecological emergencies including caesarian sections
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Industrial and workplace accidents
- Dialysis for acute renal failure