NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME
Your access to healthcare....
16 member Liberian delegation ends study visit to NHIA
A 16-member Liberian delegation, which was in the country to understudy the operations and structure of Ghana’s National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), has ended its study tour with a call on Ghanaians to be proud of the health insurance scheme the country has collectively built.
SLY’s book fetches cash
Sylvester Mensah, Chief Executive of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), on Saturday night launched a must read autobiography, ‘In the Shadows of Politics: Reflections from My Mirror’, to mark his 50TH birthday.
NHIA-Korea collaborate on common areas of research
A three-day consultative dialogue between the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) and the Korea Foundation for International Healthcare (KOFIH) has ended in Accra with a commitment by the two sides to collaborate more effectively on areas of mutual interest...
Become a member
Membership of the scheme includes people in the informal sector, SSNIT Contributors, SSNIT Pensioners, the Aged (70+), Children under 18 years of age and the Indigent.
- Antenatal Care
- Deliveries;namely,normal and assisted
- Caesarian Section
- Postnatal care
- Pain Relief which includes incision and drainage,tooth extraction and temporary relief
- Diagnostic tests
- Dental Restoration which includes, Simple Amalgam
- Fillings and Temporary Dressing
- General and Specialist in-Patient care
- Requested investigations including laboratory investigations,X-Rays and Ultrasound scanning for in-patient care
- Medicatiion; namely, prescription drugs on National Health Insurance Drugs List, traditional medicines approved by the Food and Drugs Board and prescribed by accredited medical and traditional medicine practitioners,blood and blood products
- Cervical and Breast Cancer Treatment
- Surgical Operations
- In patient physiotherapy
- Accommodation in the general ward
- Feeding (where available) in patient physiotherapy
- Consultation including reviews.These include both general and specialist consultations
- Requested investigations including laboratory investigation,x-rays and ultrasound scanning for general and specialist out-patient services
- Medication,namely,prescription drugs on National Health Insurance Medicines List, traditional medicines approved by the Food and Drugs Board and prescribed by accredited medical and traditional practitioners
- HIV/AIDS symptomatic treatment for opportunistic infection
- Out-patient/Day Surgery Operations including hernia repairs,incision and drainage,haemorrhoidectomy
- Out-patient Physiotherapy
- Visual Fields
- Cataract Removal
- In patient physiotherapy
- Eye lid Surgery
- All emergencies shall be covered.These refer to crisis health situation that demand urgent intervention and include.
- Medical emergencies
- Surgical emergencies including brain surgery due to accidents
- Paediatric emergencies
- Obstetric and Gynaecological emergencies including caesarian sections
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Industrial and workplace accidents
- Dialysis for acute renal failure