o The submitted application and attachments will be examined for Completeness.
o That is to ensure that:
· All portions of the Application Form have been completed
· All data and information are complete and consistent
· The form has been endorsed
o If information on Application Form is not complete and/or inconsistent
o Assist/ask applicant to complete the Application Form properly.
o If the Application Form and all attachments are in order,
· It will be endorsed with stamp, signature, and date.
· An acknowledgement Receipt will be Issued to the Applicant.
o Otherwise, the application (with attachments) will be returned to applicant for correction and re-submission.
o What do I require to successfully pass the Authentication and Verification process of the NHIS Accreditation stage.
· The facility has been in operation for at least six months immediately before the application
· The facility has a good record in the provision of health care
· The facility has human resources, equipment, physical structures and other requirements as may be determined.
· The facility has accepted Quality Assurance Standards & Program
· The facility adopts the referral protocols
· The facility is prepared to comply with the information system requirements, including regular transfer of information and reporting mechanisms
· The facility has the capacity to maintain accurate records of
o In patients or clients
o Services rendered
o Results from services
o Complaints received from clients
o Health expenditure on patients or client
· The facility is willing and able to comply with all corrective actions directed by the Council to ensure quality health service.
· The facility agrees to permit the Council or any person authorized by the council to:
· Enter and inspect its premises and health facilities
· Have access to inspect its medical, financial and other relevant records.
· Check the authenticity of all submitted Documents (to be specified)
· Verify the following specific accreditation requirements in respect of:
o Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Clinics
o Hospitals and ambulatory surgical clinics in addition to the requirements as a further condition for their accreditation must;
· Show evidence of Approval from the Ministry of Health to operate.
· Comply with the provisions of the Private Hospitals and Maternity Homes Act 1958 (No. 9) as amended and its Regulations.
· Comply with the Ministry of Health’s approved guidelines
· Have a confirmation that the member is in good standing of a national association of licensed hospitals